The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Quotes Jenny Loved


1 - Have something to bring to the table, because that will make you more welcome.
2 - Self-esteem isn't something you can give, it's something they have to build.
3- Brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something.
3 - Through the whole ordeal, I don't think we ever said to each other:'This isn't fair.' We just kept going.
4 - Time is all you have.
5 - Almost everybody has a good side. Just keep waiting. It will come out.
6 - It's not how hard you hit, It's how hard you get hit...and keep moving.
7 - If we had to vanish tomorrow, what would we want as our legacy?
8 - What makes me unique?
9 - We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.
10 - Just because you're in the driver's seat, doesn't mean you have to run people over.

1 comment:

  1. I really loved reading this book! I felt like it was a good reminder of hard work and living a full and happy life long before there was a diagnosis. I found that when I read the book it helped me be more patient with my kids and with Zac.

    I kept thinking of how lucky I was to have them and it made me want to let the little things go. I also liked that alot of the things that happened in his life could have changed his attitude, but he made the best out of his life. I really loved feeling uplifted and encouraged.

    -Jenny

    ReplyDelete